We have many years experience in defending all kinds of criminal prosecutions. From minor public order and theft matters in the District Court, to more serious charges, J.J. Fitzgerald & Co. Solicitors defend charges across every aspect of the criminal justice system.
We provide assistance and advice at all stages of the process, from advising at Garda Stations through to trial and all appeal stages. Our legal team has handled some high profile criminal cases in recent years.
We understand that being charged with a crime can be a stressful experience for our clients and their families. We have a passionate and committed team of lawyers who are fearless in their defence of their clients’ interests. We provide clear advice at all stages of the process and explain matters in plain, jargon-free language.
Should our clients require legal aid, our solicitors are on the Irish Criminal Legal Aid Panel and can seek aid for qualifying clients.
We provide specialist legal advice on the following areas:
- On-call service to advise clients in Garda custody
- Advising clients prior to any Garda investigation
- Representing clients at all criminal courts throughout the State
- Bail applications in District Court, High Court and Supreme Court
- Appeals to all courts
- Defending individual and corporate clients in relation to Health and Safety Prosecutions
Types of cases dealt with include:
- Public Order,
- Theft and Fraud offences,
- Sexual offences,
- Firearms offences and
- Road Traffic offences